If you are ready to get started with your personal Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case for the
all-inclusive, low, low, fee of only $1,749.00, then please continue reading this page:
Here are the steps to how your case will work
- Step 1 is to e-sign your Retainer Agreement with our Firm which establishes the attorney-client relationship and sets out exactly what our firm will be hired to do for you. You will be able to choose how you wish to pay the one time, low cost fee of $1,749.00. You can either pay it all at once at the time you e-sign the retainer agreement or you can make a $1,000.00 payment up front and then pay the balance of $749.00 thirty days later. Which option you choose is totally up to you!
- Once you become a client of the firm, we will mail you a Questionnaire Packet. You will use the Questionnaire Packet to collect and provide our firm with all of the necessary information about your assets, liabilities, income, and expenses needed to prepare your bankruptcy petition.
- You will also complete the Primary Document List and return that form to our office along with certain financial documents noted on the list. These documents are also used to prepare your bankruptcy petition. Examples of required documents are, e.g., tax returns, pay stubs, mortgage statements, bank account statements, etc.
- You take Part I of the on-line credit counseling course. The completion certificate will be e-mailed to me automatically when you complete it. (can be taken over the phone as well).
- You then return the completed Questionnaire Packet to our office through the mail, and your file is then assigned to one of our paralegals so your information can be digitized and kept safe and secure from third-parties. We also add your file to our production que and begin drafting your bankruptcy petition in the order in which it is received.
- Once your data has been digitized and the critical financial information has been entered into your draft Bankruptcy Petition, it is then ready for client review.
- We will send you a copy of the draft and then have a call to review the petition and to make any changes or corrections, if necessary.
- You approve the final draft of the petition and then I file your Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Petition with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
- About 7 days after the filing, you will receive a letter in the mail from the Bankruptcy Court confirming your bankruptcy filing and telling you that you have to attend the 341 Hearing – Meeting of Creditors. The date, time, and location will be provided in that notice.
- We attend the 341 Hearing – Meeting of Creditors TOGETHER approximately 30 days after the filing date. (Don’t worry! Creditors don’t usually come to this hearing and it only lasts about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the complexity of the case!)
- Once you receive your Notice of Bankruptcy Filing about a week after I file your petition, you can now complete Part II of the credit counseling also referred to as the financial management education course. Again, a copy of the completion certificate is e-mailed to me directly after you complete the course. This should be done not later than 30 days after the 341 Hearing.
- About sixty (60) days after the 341 Hearing, your Discharge will be granted by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. This discharge order signals the end of the case where all of your eligible unsecured debts are forever discharged and you can now enjoy your fresh financial start!