We require a $1,699.00 retainer payment to take you on as a client. Once you have signed your retainer agreement and paid your $1,699.00, the attorney-client relationship has been established.
Here are the steps to how your case will work:
1. Once you become a client of the firm, we will mail you a Questionnaire Packet.
2. You complete the Questionnaire which collects information about your assets, liabilities, income, and expenses.
3. You assemble the documents noted on the list we provide you with such as tax returns, pay stubs, etc.
4. You take Part I of the on-line credit counseling course. The completion certificate will be e-mailed to me automatically when you complete it. (can be taken over the phone as well)
5. You then return the completed Questionnaire and the assembled documents.
6. Once I receive your materials, it will take me 3 to 5 weeks to complete the first draft of your petition. I do offer an emergency filing service for an additional fee.
7. Once I complete the first draft of the bankruptcy petition, I will send you a copy of the draft and we will have a call to review the petition and to make any changes or corrections, if necessary.
8. You approve the final draft of the petition and I file your Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Petition with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
9. About 7 days after the filing, you will receive a letter in the mail from the Bankruptcy Court confirming your bankruptcy filing and telling you that you have to attend the 341 Hearing – Meeting of Creditors. The date, time, and location will be provided in that notice.
10. We attend the 341 Hearing – Meeting of Creditors TOGETHER approximately 30 days after the filing date. (Don’t worry! Creditors don’t usually come to this hearing and it only lasts about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the complexity of the case!)
11. Once you receive your Notice of Bankruptcy Filing about a week after I file your petition, you can now complete Part II of the credit counseling also referred to as the financial management education course. Again, a copy of the completion certificate is e-mailed to me directly after you complete the course. This should be done not later than 30 days after the 341 Hearing.
12. About sixty (60) days after the 341 Hearing, your Discharge will be granted by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. This discharge order signals the end of the case where all of your eligible unsecured debts are forever discharged and you can now enjoy your fresh financial start!